We will use your data for a number of reasons related to safety and security, including but not limited to:
- Informing you of potential risks in your building or area
- Providing support in the event of a safety, security and welfare incidents
- Responding to emergencies and incidents that require us to contact you
- Supporting the local police in the course of their duties
- University Staff Parking Permit Scheme – for parking enforcement
- Communication – estates radio system, Security Liaison Officer group, Head Porters Liaison Group
- Telephone recording - for control room operator(s) and supervisor telephones. For further information see below
The University Security Services provide a monitoring service for building alarms and an incident response service. Telephone calls into the control room are recorded to provide an exact record of the conversation and establish: facts of a reported incident; facts in the event of a customer complaint; facts appertaining to the response to a call or incident; to identify training needs and support new and existing officer training programmes; monitor quality control in processes and provide evidence for the prevention and detection of crime and public safety. Access to the recorded conversations is restricted and subject to Senior Managers authorisation.
We need to process your data for this purpose/these purposes to meet our legitimate interests relating to the governance, management and operation of the University, in this case providing a safe and secure physical environment to all staff, students and visitors.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.